Monday, April 7, 2008

What's for dinner?

So, I am menu planning starting this week. I did a trial run last week & it went pretty good. I am usually not a meal planner-I like to decide that day what we will be having. Since I am sick (horrible cold) the kids will not be doing their "pick a meal" tonight. (bummer!) So, depending on how I feel tomorrow night, it will be Austin's night.
I did my groceries this past weekend and I cannot belive how expensive food has gotten! I remember when a can of tuna was $.89-it's now $1.49-crazy!! I got all the ingredients for this weeks meals. (although tonight, my sweet husband will be cooking!)
So, for tomorrow, Austin said he would like to make steak burritos. I always like to make a side of Spanish rice but none of my children will eat it. More for hubby & me! So, I went online and found a good steak burrito recipe from Rachael Ray's website. It looks great & Austin agreed! So, that is the recipe for tomorrow night. Here is the recipe:
Rachael Ray's Skirt Steak Burritos with Tomato-Corn Salsa
I will post pictures tomorrow!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

I really like the pick a meal idea. I might have to try that. I'm horrible at meal planning. I always spend hundreds of dollars at the grocery store only to come home and not know what to make. I could really stand to improve in this area.

Can't wait to see the steak burritos! Yummo!

Carmen