Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cooking made easy

Well, I haven't been on here in a while. School vacation & nice weather does that to me! :) I have been a baking & cooking fool! I bet my kiddos don't want to go back to school to eat that nasty "hot lunch!" Austin always complains. I probably should be a nice mom & make his lunch, huh? Maybe next week!
So, tonight I tried a chicken stir fry recipe. It was soooo yumy! I used a ton of garlic, which my hubby loved me for! It was a kinda throw-together recipe. I used boneless/skinless chicken breast, garlic-chopped, shallots-sliced, carrots-diced, celery-chopped, green, red & yellow peppers-thinly sliced and soy sauce all on top of a bed of brown rice. It was sooooo yummy! My whole family devoured it!
Anyways, I did take pictures! (YAY!) Here they are:

Shallots & garlic sauted in olive oil:

Next is chicken cubed & mixed with soy sauce:

Then, chop all the veggies:
Oops! No Diet Pepsi in the recipe-that's mine! ;)

Chicken & veggies simmering in soy sauce.


Then cook the brown rice:

Voila! The finished dish! It was so good! I will definitely make it again!

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Looks yummy Beck!!! *wipes drool from chin*

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness, that looks delish!