Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shake Shake Shake...Shake Shake Shake







I was never really one for dairy. Being on this health kick has brought out a new side in me. It's a pretty good side! I love eating something and feeling good after. I love to exercise and feel great after! You get the point.

So, I needed something to fill me up as a mid-day snack. I was sick of the same old thing and decided to check out new recipes for snacks. That's when I found these delicious smoothies. My kids even like them!
I don't like bananas at all and a lot of smoothies call for them. I looked and found very simple recipes.
Enjoy!

Strawberry Smoothie

2 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup ice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon Splenda
1/2 cup skim milk
6 ounces light vanilla yogurt
Mix together in blender.


Vanilla Honey-Nut Smoothie
2 cups vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/3 cup cubed soft silken tofu
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Sprinkle with flaxseed, if desired.

Berry Surprise

1/2 cup strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup raspberries
1/4 cup of milk
Mix together in blender.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Great, now I have Shake Your Booty stuck in my head!!! lol

Love the new Blog Becky! I'm adding you to my blogroll!

xo,

Carmen

Jodi said...

Becky I didn't know you were a blogger!?! I'm sooo excited...and thirsty! Those smoothies sound great!