Monday, March 31, 2008

Feel like cooking?


Today is just so blah outside. It's about 32 degrees and snowing. Yesterday we had such beautiful, sunny weather. I even opened my windows for a while. I ended up cooking a delicious turkey for dinner and now have a ton of leftovers! So, I decided I would look in my cookbook and dig up recipes that have turkey in them. Soooo many! I had to pick a few and I do have one tried and true turkey-leftover recipe. I just made it a few weeks ago for my sis & her husband-it got rave reviews! (yay!) Turkey Tetrazzini! Oh, it's so good! There is heavy cream in it so it's not so fat free.
So, anyway, here is the recipe. VERY easy and delish!
Enjoy!

Turkey Tetrazzini

1 (7-ounce) package spaghetti, broken into thirds
1/4 cup butter or stick margarine
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
2 tablespoons dry sherry or water
2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
3. While spaghetti is cooking, melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in broth and whipping cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
4. Drain spaghetti. Stir spaghetti, sherry, chicken and mushrooms into sauce.5. Pour spaghetti mixture into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until bubbly in center.

No comments: